Endodontics, also known as Root Canal therapy, is the treatment of gums, dental pulp, and the tissues surrounding the mouth when those areas become inflamed or infected. After cleaning & shaping the inside of the tooth, this space is then filled and sealed. Following a root canal, we will place a crown to protect & restore the teeth to full function. If left untreated, the inflammation or infection could cause severe discomfort, abscess, and eventually tooth loss.
The symptoms that usually warrant for Endodontics treatment include:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Recurrent throbbing pain
- Tooth discoloration
- Gum swelling or tenderness deep inside the bone
These symptoms may not always appear at first-glance and can be further diagnosed with X-Rays.
Cases of Endodontic treatment includes:
- Disinfecting an infected and inflamed root canal
- Removing pathological pulp
- Cleaning the root canal system
- Reshaping the root canal system
- Filling the root canal system to prevent reinfection and promote healing
Endodontic treatment is the best way to take action in saving your tooth from extraction.
Think you need Endodontic treatment? Call our office to schedule a free consultation so we can provide assistance as quickly as possible!